CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 1, 2009

COSMIC BROWNIES...GLUTEN FREE

We had a wonderful gluten free shower for a cousin this weekend, my cousin Melissa created a beautiful menu of wraps, coleslaw, chips and salsa, fruit skewars and a dip. Brownies and lemon bars for dessert. I wish I had all the recipes, but here is the one I made.  They are as good as the real thing...I promise, no after taste! 
COSMIC BROWNIES

2 sticks unsalted butter, diced and more for pan and parchment
8 oz. bittersweet chocolate
4 eggs
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 tsp mexican vanilla
1 cup rice flour

Melt butter and chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds.  Mix eggs and sugar and vanilla in a stand mixer.  Add cooled chocolate while mixing until incorporated.  Mix in flour and salt until combined.  

Bake at 350 in a greased sheet pan for 25 minutes.  Cut into shapes if desired.  

0 comments: