CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 2, 2009

A Wonderfull New Year's Breakfast





December has always been a time of reflection for me, a time to ponder about the year.  A time to give myself credit for things done well.  A time to rethink things done not so well.  And during this past week I have really reflected on the changes I am ready to make for this wonderful fresh start called 2009.  So, in addition to excercising more and eating less, having more patience and showing more love; I have decided to join the Daring Bakers, and I am so excited to get started!

And now for my first recipes of the year...

Oven-Baked French Toast
1/2 c. butter
4 TBSP honey
Melt on cookie sheet in oven, then sprinkle 1 teaspoon cinnamon over the top.
Beat:
3 eggs 
1/2 c. orange juice
1/4 tsp salt
vanilla

Dip thick slices of bread in this.  Arrange slices close together on top of honey mixture.  Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.  Invert toast to serve.

Christmas Eggs
Butter a muffin tin.  Break one egg into each muffin cup then pour a few TBSP cream onto each egg, filling almost to top.  Add a dash of kosher salt.  Bake 350 for 12- 15 min.  To serve scoop out egg and spoon cream on top!  Super Yummy!

Egg recipe courtesy of Sisters Cafe.





0 comments: